I was nominated for this award by Notes by Rosie! Thanks! 🙂
The Liebster award is a wonderful idea aimed at connecting bloggers and audiences alike for blogs that have less than 200 followers – like myself!
Also, as someone just starting out, it is lovely to think that someone remembered you and your blog!
Here’s how the award works:
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator
- Display the Liebster award logo in your post
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for the nominees
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs
Here are my answers for the questions I was given!
1) Why did you start your blog?
I love to cook, and I am asked all the time to share my recipes. I wanted a place where I could share my love for food all the time.
2) Where is your favourite place in the world and why?
The Boundary Waters Canoe Area on the Minnesota/Canada border. It is the most peaceful, beautiful place in the world.
3) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life… what would it be?
Sandwiches. Or pizza. Something where you can mix it up with lots of different combinations. I don’t like being bored. 🙂
4) Cats or Dogs?
5) If you could be a character from any film, who would you be?
This is not super original, but Hermione Granger. She is a nerd (like me!) but she is also brave and kind. And Harry Potter. Because Harry Potter.
6) What is your favourite blog post (on your blog)?
My first one! It may not have the greatest pictures (or even half decent pictures, to be honest) and it may not have the funniest story or anything else, but it got me started! It also happens to be one of my most favorite meals. Apple, Sage, and Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin is something I will probably have to blog about again, but I still love that first post!
7) If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would be your first purchase?
Shoes. Sparkly, beautiful, expensive, high-heels. A bunch of them. Second would be a very expensive bottle of red wine.
8) What inspires you?
My kids! Meaning my students. I teach middle school and my kids are the light of my life. They inspire me, challenge me, teach me, frustrate me, and make me a much better person.
9) Give one interesting fact about yourself:
I am obsessed with American football. I have season tickets for the Minnesota Vikings and can often be seen commenting on sports blogs and viciously debating the finer details of my team. Again: I’m a nerd.
10) What is your earliest memory?
My best friend, who lived across the street, had chicken pox and could not come to my birthday party. So we stood on the ends of our driveways with the street between us and talked about how sad we were.
11) What quality do you like most in a person?
Well, that was fun! So now I nominate:
And here are my questions for you! I can’t wait to see your answers!
- Why did you start your blog?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live and why?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life… what would it be?
- Sweet or savory?
- If you had a theme song, what would it be?
- What is your favourite blog post (on your blog)
- If you had one day to do anything you wanted, without having to worry about cost, what would you do?
- What inspires you?
- If you were going to change careers, and could get the training instantly without having to go back to school, what would you want to be?
- What is your earliest memory?
- What would you say is your best quality?